Rumors and Whispers…..Oh My…..
- Duke William of Northwarden is soon to travel south to Suzail to attend a special meeting of the Royal and First Tier Nobility. King Roderick II is said to be growing alarmed by certain events upon the mainland of Faerun.
- Baron Rallyhorn of White Beard’s Landing was killed last summer in a giant’s raid from across the Sea of Storms. The Rallyhorn noble family did not actually hold hereditary title to that small barony, though they dispute this. Duke William is said to be looking for a noble of “exemplar standing” to fill the vacant noble position.
- The forbidden Cult of the Dragon is said to be operating within the Duchy and even a Gothayan Red Wizard is rumored to have been spotted out in the moors north of the Lonely Road, somewhere between Merchant Vale and Skullwatch.
- Giants have been seen making forays along the North Coast, west of White Beard’s Landing. Several fishermen even say they have spotted an encampment of the huge bastards hidden away in the hills several leagues south of the coastline.
- Sir Balz Spar, the kingdom’s only lizard man citizen and knight, has been making a name for itself near the regions of Eveningstar and Tilverton. It is said that the noble beast travels with a very strange retinue that includes the Moron of Grimhold. Wherever they visit, much silver is said to trade hands….
- The High Priest of the Northwarden’s Temple to the Morninglord, The Citadel of the Northern Dawn, has announced that the faithful of the Morninglord will not tolerate the appearance of worshippers of the vile and, by word of the King, outlawed, Great Old Ones of the Xoriati Mythos, those foul and sordid deities venerated by the Mind Flayers of the Underdark and of the Mind Reavers of the, thankfully, far-off and twisted lands, dominions and colonies of the accursed Xoriati Imperium. The High Priest has been told that a strange prophet has been proselytizing in the name of the Great Old Ones along Tilverton Way, going so far as to even pass out scrolls and parchments of veneration and praise.